Joe Corr is one of the founding members of Corr Downs. Joe is recognized as a leader in his field and has handled complex litigation matters and commercial disputes for local, regional and national businesses. He has been named as a "Washington Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine from 2010 - 2015. He has a wide range of litigation experience in both state and federal courts that includes catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death litigation, consumer protection claims, toxic tort litigation, wrongful death claims, and product and premises liability. Joe also has extensive experience in complex insurance coverage litigation and insurance bad faith claims, as well as life and disability insurance disputes and ERISA litigation. Joe has also handled litigation matters involving contractual disputes, and employment litigation, regulatory compliance and freight loss claims.
Joe received his B.A. from the University of Minnesota in 2001. While in college, Joe was a proud member of the Golden Gopher Division I Track & Field and Cross Country teams. He was captain of the Cross Country team and an Academic All-American in 2000. Joe received his J.D. from Seattle University School of Law, where he graduated cum laude in 2005.
Joe grew up in Sammamish, Washington and attended Eastlake High School. He is an avid Seattle sports fan. When he is not spending time with his wife and two children exploring the wonderful West Seattle neighborhood, Joe enjoys playing golf with friends and sampling one of the many fabulous Seattle restaurants.
Lane Powell PC, Shareholder
Williams Kastner, Associate Attorney
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Seattle University School of Law, (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- Trustee Law Scholarship Recipient
- Fredric C. Tausend Moot Court Competition Finalist
- Seattle University National Moot Court Competition Team Member
University of Minnesota, (B.A., with honors, 2001)
- Dean’s List 1999 – 2001
- NCAA Division I Track and Cross Country Varsity Athlete
- Academic All American
Awards and Honors
- Named as a “Washington Rising Star,” Super Lawyers® magazine (2010-2015)
Professional and Community Activities
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Association of Transportation Law Professionals, Board of Directors, West Coast District
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association, Puget Sound Chapter
Please note that email contact with representatives of Corr Downs does not create an attorney-client relationship.